Heidi's Ark..
Redstone
2006-05-17 03:41:38 UTC
Was that your place I saw floating down the Merrimack River?

(BTW, I'm back from a week long vacation of visiting family and getting
around with a car-turned-submarine.)
indigo
2006-05-17 13:12:53 UTC
Post by Redstone
Was that your place I saw floating down the Merrimack River?
Mebbe, she hasn't posted since a day or so ago!
How'd that snorkel system work out for ya?
Redstone
2006-05-18 09:58:20 UTC
Post by indigo
Mebbe, she hasn't posted since a day or so ago!
Looks like she has surfaced. :-)
Makes it easier to breathe.. but I think I need a better sonar system. :-)
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-17 13:59:37 UTC
Post by Redstone
Was that your place I saw floating down the Merrimack River?
(BTW, I'm back from a week long vacation of visiting family and getting
around with a car-turned-submarine.)
Did you time it right or what? LOL..... The Merrimack is a mess, besides all
floodwater there's a broken sewer main that's gushing raw sewage into the river at
the rate of something like 60 olympic size pools a day. Now all the clam flats and
shellfish beds on the coast will be closed because of the contamination. What
fun....
Redstone
2006-05-18 10:03:04 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Did you time it right or what? LOL..... The Merrimack is a mess,
besides all floodwater there's a broken sewer main that's gushing raw
sewage into the river at the rate of something like 60 olympic size
pools a day. Now all the clam flats and shellfish beds on the coast
will be closed because of the contamination. What fun....
And now that I've returned to the westcoast, the sun is shining. Geez. I
would of thought there would be SOME periods of overcast, but noooooo.. it
just HAD to rain.

I do feel sorry for those that fish for clams, it is going to take a LONG
time for that to filter through. (Particularly since sewage contains a long
list of industrial chemicals along with human waste.. yuck.)
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 18:31:27 UTC
Post by Redstone
I do feel sorry for those that fish for clams, it is going to take a LONG
time for that to filter through. (Particularly since sewage contains a long
list of industrial chemicals along with human waste.. yuck.)
I think they had already closed some of them before the storm due to red tide, I'm
guessing no one's going to be making a living from shellfishing this summer, I
certainly won't be ordering any clams.