Things I didn't want to know...
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 15:42:04 UTC
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/bean.htm

"Did you Know? Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Not to mention the another drawback
in such a confined space.... "
indigo
oh, what a load of crap....
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 18:20:12 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Spamvireslayer
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/bean.htm
"Did you Know? Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go
into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Not to
mention the another drawback in such a confined space.... "
oh, what a load of crap....
How do you know? It would seem that a 'load of crap' is exactly what they're trying
to prevent....
indigo
2006-05-18 18:36:28 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by indigo
Post by Spamvireslayer
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/bean.htm
"Did you Know? Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before
they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages
them. Not to mention the another drawback in such a confined
space.... "
oh, what a load of crap....
How do you know? It would seem that a 'load of crap' is exactly what
they're trying to prevent....
"passing wind in a spacesuit damages them" ?!? Oh puhleeeze.....you really
think they go on 8 hour spacewalks and never fart? LOL.
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 18:58:59 UTC
Like they'd fart with mission control listening in.......I don't think so.
indigo
2006-05-18 19:07:04 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by indigo
"passing wind in a spacesuit damages them" ?!? Oh puhleeeze.....you
really think they go on 8 hour spacewalks and never fart? LOL.
Like they'd fart with mission control listening in.......I don't think so.
You'd be surprised at what they do up there that the public never hears
about, astronauts tend to be a funny bunch (play tricks on each other
alot)....and their microphones are in their helmets, not their asses, dummy.
Besides, in space no one can hear you fart!
Chris Wright
2006-05-18 23:11:32 UTC
Post by indigo
Besides, in space no one can hear you fart!
That sounds like a great line from a movie...
We need 'voice over man' to make podcast of that one..
kram
2006-05-19 13:28:47 UTC
In e4kh18$e44$***@news.spamcop.net
indigo blathered:
|| Chris Wright wrote:
||| That sounds like a great line from a movie...
|| It is......

Sigo
--
kk
==
There are no vacant lots in nature. ~anon~
indigo
2006-05-19 13:26:00 UTC
It is......
kram
2006-05-19 13:32:36 UTC
In e4kh18$e44$***@news.spamcop.net
indigo blathered:
|| Chris Wright wrote:
||| That sounds like a great line from a movie...
|| It is......

I can hear Sigourney Weaver's voice in my head ... "Jonesy? Here kitty
kitty...."
--
kk
==
There are no vacant lots in nature. ~anon~
indigo
2006-05-19 13:42:48 UTC
I thought it was in "Space Balls"?
Chris Wright
2006-05-19 14:02:23 UTC
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/quotes

http://s152862860.onlinehome.us/guyoogle/humor/index.html
indigo
2006-05-19 14:07:59 UTC
Thanks, I was wrong....may the schwartz be with you!
Chris Wright
2006-05-19 15:07:50 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Chris Wright
Post by indigo
I thought it was in "Space Balls"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094012/quotes
Thanks, I was wrong....may the schwartz be with you!
I still think it was Space Balls, but rather than a quote from within
the film, maybe on the advertising campaign.
(I left out the bit in the OP about agreeing with you).

It was only when I found the quotes that a few made me laugh so I
thought I'd post them as well. Probably pasted it over the line where I
agreed with you.

Frog Prince
2006-05-18 19:51:13 UTC

One took a public wizzz on national TV
Mr K. Mean
2006-05-18 16:02:59 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/bean.htm
"Did you Know? Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Not to mention the another drawback
in such a confined space.... "
That should also be a rule in sharing a crowded room in a hostel, if you
ask me.
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 18:23:51 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
That should also be a rule in sharing a crowded room in a hostel, if you
ask me.
I should think courtesy alone would dictate that. Mostly men in this hostel, I take
it?