Ah, I needed that!
indigo
2006-05-15 13:13:20 UTC
Nice 4 day vacation at Ocean City. Shot my lowest 9-hole score ever on
Friday (a 40), had a blast hanging out with my buds in the beautiful weather
on some great golf courses, and got to spend Saturday night with my lovely
blond friend down there -- had 2 large bottles of wine w/her, about 1/2
bottle too much (I think we sat on her deck and talked and laughed for over
4 hours), and I had to spend the night because I couldn't drive the 4 blocks
back to the condo....poor, poor me ;-) And no, nothing happened, on
purpose.....but she *is* single again.....<Indi crosses fingers for the
umpteenth time>...... but I'm so tired this morning I think I need a day off
to recover!
indigo
2006-05-15 13:57:10 UTC
Post by indigo
Nice 4 day vacation at Ocean City.
Oh, just got a little pinkness on my nose, BTW. Actually got a little bit
too much sun THROUGH my shirt on one day! (guess that doxycyline/sun
sensitivity stuff is true ;-) Got a minor skin irritation on my shoulders,
but not much of a sunburn. Wore sun block every day, the minute I got out of
the condo into the sun I could feel how hot (bright) the sun was, knew I had
to wear sunblock.
Heidi
2006-05-17 23:51:12 UTC
Post by indigo
Oh, just got a little pinkness on my nose, BTW. Actually got a little
bit too much sun THROUGH my shirt on one day! (guess that
doxycyline/sun sensitivity stuff is true ;-)
At least your head isn't in danger of exploding!
Like mine, y'mean? I was kinda wishing it would, just to relieve the
pressure!
indigo
Noticing any change since you started the antibiotics?
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 14:45:54 UTC
Post by indigo
Noticing any change since you started the antibiotics?
I had to stop taking them, I had a very rare allergic reaction to the doxy, two weeks
into it I was blowing up like a balloon, edema that was uncontrollable and my vision
was blurry. The doctor said instead of hives on the outside, I had 'hives' on the
inside, swelling and fluid, I think it causes intracranial swelling too which was why
my eyes couldn't focus, huge pressure behind them and a headache from that. I
couldn't figure out why diet and exercise hadn't changed and I felt like I was
packing on pounds every day totally out of control - it was all water. Only
treatment is to stop taking it, so I did, and exept for my eyesight still not back to
normal, I feel much better. No kidney damage either, thankfully. So I guess after
this has cleared my system and I'm back to normal, I'll proabably start amoxy. I'm
in no hurry......
indigo
2006-05-18 16:19:13 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by indigo
Noticing any change since you started the antibiotics?
I had to stop taking them, I had a very rare allergic reaction to the
doxy, two weeks into it I was blowing up like a balloon, edema that
was uncontrollable and my vision was blurry.
Oy.....just saw my chiropractor, bitched about alcohol turning out not to be
the problem with my IBS, she wants me to give up dairy for 10 days to see if
that's causing the problem (crap!). That'll be even harder than giving up
the jesus juice! Oh well, gotta try it. She also wants me to take oral aloe
vera to sooth the colon lining and take some enzyme (glutamine?) that also
helps reduce intestinal irritation. My neck was hurting so bad from playing
3 days of golf and the percs weren't doing a damn thing with the pain so I
broke down and took some advil.....any guess what happened? Pain completely
disappeared, in my neck, I mean, but...... :-((
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 18:26:40 UTC
Post by indigo
Oy.....just saw my chiropractor, bitched about alcohol turning out not to be
the problem with my IBS, she wants me to give up dairy for 10 days to see if
that's causing the problem (crap!). That'll be even harder than giving up
the jesus juice! Oh well, gotta try it.
Umm yeah, seems to me I've heard that somewhere before, giving up dairy, (along with
sugar and wheat if you're smart).....gee, where have I heard that, now let me
think........
indigo
2006-05-18 18:39:04 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by indigo
Oy.....just saw my chiropractor, bitched about alcohol turning out
not to be the problem with my IBS, she wants me to give up dairy
for 10 days to see if that's causing the problem (crap!). That'll
be even harder than giving up the jesus juice! Oh well, gotta try
it.
Umm yeah, seems to me I've heard that somewhere before, giving up
dairy, (along with sugar and wheat if you're smart).....gee, where
have I heard that, now let me think........
Shaddup already......you ever hear of those two product I mentioned? One
other thing, she also manipulated the valve between my upper and lower
intestine, forget what she called it, goddamn that thing was sore as hell! I
almost jumped off the table when she pressed on it. Inflammation ya think?
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 19:02:25 UTC
Post by indigo
Shaddup already......you ever hear of those two product I mentioned? One
other thing, she also manipulated the valve between my upper and lower
intestine, forget what she called it, goddamn that thing was sore as hell! I
almost jumped off the table when she pressed on it. Inflammation ya think?
Well, gee whiz, it's not like we haven't had this conversation a couple of dozen
times, and yet you don't do the one thing that will help to ease the inflammation -
change your diet and let it heal. There's something called Inflamx that I mentioned
before, has tons of stuff in it that heals the gut and reduces inflammation, but you
have to take it in addition to dietary modifications or it's a waste of time and
money.
indigo
2006-05-18 19:37:16 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Well, gee whiz, it's not like we haven't had this conversation a
couple of dozen times, and yet you don't do the one thing that will
help to ease the inflammation - change your diet and let it heal.
But I did! Every single doctor said "quit drinking, that's what's causing
the irritation". Well guess what, bozos?
Post by Spamvireslayer
There's something called Inflamx that I mentioned before, has tons of
stuff in it that heals the gut and reduces inflammation, but you have
to take it in addition to dietary modifications or it's a waste of
time and money.
That stuff is expensive....think I'll try the liquid aloe vera first. And
*sniff* give up my dear, dear cheese :-(
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 19:52:11 UTC
Post by indigo
But I did! Every single doctor said "quit drinking, that's what's causing
the irritation". Well guess what, bozos?
Guess what, bozo? Alcohol is sugar, lactose is sugar, wheat gluten is sugar, sugar
feeds yeast and creates the imbalance of bacteria that eats away at the gut
lining......
Post by indigo
That stuff is expensive....think I'll try the liquid aloe vera first. And
*sniff* give up my dear, dear cheese :-(
Whatever.....
http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook/herbs_aloe_vera.html
PROPERTIES AND USES

Cathartic - an agent which produces active bowel movements, often causing
accompanying cramps; it is usually combined with an antispasmodic.

Emollient - a skin dressing or soothing ointment.

Purgative - a substance which causes a watery evacuation of the bowels.

Stimulant - an agent that temporarily increases activity or physiological processes.
Stimulants may be classified according to the organ upon which they act; for example,
an intestinal stimulant is that which stimulates the intestines.
indigo
Yikes! That sounds like the total opposite of what I want/need!
Heidi
2006-05-18 23:51:20 UTC
deaf ears
self inflicted!!
indigo
2006-05-19 13:33:33 UTC
Post by Heidi
deaf ears
self inflicted!!
Well, it *was* advice coming from you after all! Need to take that with a
grain of salt, ya know :-P
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-19 13:45:56 UTC
Post by indigo
Well, it *was* advice coming from you after all! Need to take that with a
grain of salt, ya know :-P
So far I have a better record than Ms Chiropractor, it would seem. However the old
saying about leading a horse to water applies....
indigo
2006-05-19 14:09:44 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by indigo
Well, it *was* advice coming from you after all! Need to take that
with a grain of salt, ya know :-P
So far I have a better record than Ms Chiropractor, it would seem.
However the old saying about leading a horse to water applies....
IIRC, you were also on the "stop drinking alcohol" bandwagon......fat lot of
good that did me......
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-19 14:19:32 UTC
Post by indigo
IIRC, you were also on the "stop drinking alcohol" bandwagon......fat lot of
good that did me......
Uh, yeah, and you refuse to accept the bigger picture because it means you might have
to sacrifice something - stop drinking alcohol (sugar), stop eating dairy (lactose)
and stop eating wheat (gluten), it's sort of necessary to stop all three so your gut
is not constantly eaten away by candida while you're destroying any good bacteria
that might fight it. Your problems are largely self inflicted, if you're taking doxy
that's wiping out your good flora, and you're still eating sugar/wheat/dairy in any
form, you're doing this to yourself. I can't believe I'm still saying this, as many
times as we've had this discussion, you still don't get that you're poisoining
yourself because you can't give up beer and bread. Suck it up.....
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-19 18:02:29 UTC
I don't think she made 50 suggestions. In fact as I recall she repeatedly
said to him 'I think you have lyme' over and over for a few months until he
was convinced.
I think what I said was 'get copies of your tests, learn what they mean and here's
why a negative result doesn't mean you don't have Lyme'.
indigo
2006-05-19 20:59:54 UTC
Post by indigo
Well, it *was* advice coming from you after all! Need to take that
with a grain of salt, ya know :-P
uh... isn't she the one that convinced you that you had Lyme?
Not that I recall, it's the other way around, I do believe.
indigo
2006-05-19 21:02:46 UTC
as I recall she repeatedly
said to him 'I think you have lyme' over and over for a few months
until he was convinced.
I sure don't remember it that way. In fact, the way I remember it,
her suggestions were completely coincidental to his doctor testing the
fluid for Lyme, since Indi didn't ask it to be done. Which way was it
Indi?
I asked the 1st infectious disease guy for a Lyme blood test, it was
negative. Ortho guy drained my knee and tested the fluid on his own
volition. Second western blot blood test also came up negative after I'd
been on antibiotics for a month. Damn blood tests ain't worth the money.
indigo
2006-05-19 21:00:37 UTC
So, if she throws out 50 diagnoses and gets one right, she's a
miracle worker?
I don't think she made 50 suggestions. In fact as I recall she
repeatedly said to him 'I think you have lyme' over and over for a
few months until he was convinced.
And nobody suggested she's a miracle worker.
I recall hearing 'leaky gut syndrome' at least 50 times! ;-)
Heidi
2006-05-19 21:46:14 UTC
Post by indigo
I recall hearing 'leaky gut syndrome' at least 50 times! ;-)
And exactly what do you think it is when you have an overgrowth of bad
bacteria from taking antiobiotics and eating all the wrong food??? Amazing
how selective your memory is.

indigo
2006-05-18 18:47:32 UTC
My neck was hurting so bad from playing 3 days of golf and the percs
weren't doing a damn thing with the pain so I broke down and took
some advil.....any guess what happened? Pain completely
disappeared, in my neck, I mean, but...... :-((
how did it affect your gut?
It was "Running on Empty".....meaning completely cleaned out, and not in a
good way. Four lbs gone in one afternoon.
Spamvireslayer
2006-05-18 19:53:19 UTC
LOL, but then it'd be end of Heidi! Now if water would shoot out your
ears/eyes/nose that'd be kinda cool and would get the job done
I had water shoot out my nose once, the bad thing was it was coming from my mouth
through a hole in my sinus. I wouldn't recommend it.......
Heidi
2006-05-18 23:48:29 UTC
I've had that happen too, but no holes, it just came up the back of my
throat and out my nose
Did that once by mistake with ginger ale. OW!!!
indigo
2006-05-19 13:33:53 UTC
Root beer is even more pleasant ;-)
indigo
2006-05-18 14:35:41 UTC
Post by indigo
Oh, just got a little pinkness on my nose, BTW. Actually got a
little bit too much sun THROUGH my shirt on one day! (guess that
doxycyline/sun sensitivity stuff is true ;-)
At least your head isn't in danger of exploding!
It sure feels like it right now! Frigging allergies are KILLING me right
now....eyes are all puffy and itchy, and are bright red to top it off
(without the fringe benefit that THC provides ;-). I feel double lousy right
now with this on top of my Lyme symptoms (which were much better until the
pollen season hit last week).
indigo
2006-05-18 18:40:19 UTC
Ugh! I sure am glad I'm not prone to allergies. You must look a
picture with your bright red eyes too ;o)
Yeah, got that red-eye camera look without the benefit of a flash going
off....and multiple applications of Visine just get rid of the itching, not
the redness.