Craptastic recipe of the day
Heidi
2005-08-21 15:08:36 UTC
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_30742,00.html

yep, she takes a nice beef tenderloin, and rolls it in ....COFFEE GROUNDS.
Not instant coffee powder that might melt when cooked to combine with the
other flavors, no no no, she rolls in in grounds. Those little dirt-like
bits at the bottom of your cup that you hate to swallow.

Oh, and her special tip of the day to keep mashed potatoes from drying out
in the oven. Buttered WAXED paper. In the oven. Most people would use
foil, Sandy.....

There...I feel better....... ;)
JohnL
2005-08-21 15:15:55 UTC
Post by Heidi
Oh, and her special tip of the day to keep mashed potatoes from drying
out in the oven. Buttered WAXED paper. In the oven. Most people
would use foil, Sandy.....
Parchment paper, but NOT waxed paper.
And coffee grounds? YUCK!
Heidi
2005-08-21 15:25:12 UTC
It gets better.... she made an "EXPRESSO" drink.....sort of......gag.....
Mr K. Mean
2005-08-21 15:49:08 UTC
Post by JohnL
Post by Heidi
Oh, and her special tip of the day to keep mashed potatoes from drying
out in the oven. Buttered WAXED paper. In the oven. Most people
would use foil, Sandy.....
Parchment paper, but NOT waxed paper.
And coffee grounds? YUCK!
Hmm, I was looking for a new recipe and I thought this one might be it.
But I don't drink coffee, so I don't have coffee grounds. (Maybe this
is more of what I can find out in the dumpster at 7-11.) Do you think
that used teabags would work the same?
Heidi
2005-08-21 15:52:34 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Hmm, I was looking for a new recipe and I thought this one might be it.
But I don't drink coffee, so I don't have coffee grounds. (Maybe this
is more of what I can find out in the dumpster at 7-11.) Do you think
that used teabags would work the same?
I think some nice used tea bags, or anything inedible that tastes like dirt
would do. Maybe you could be unique and not even remove the bag, just cover
the roast with tea bags! The paper will probably dissolve in the meat juices
anyway. I'm actually looking at my discarded vacuum cleaner bags in a whole
new way now.....
JohnL
I've got some used kitty litter that my cats want replaced.
Mr K. Mean
2005-08-21 17:09:03 UTC
Post by Heidi
Post by Mr K. Mean
Hmm, I was looking for a new recipe and I thought this one might be it.
But I don't drink coffee, so I don't have coffee grounds. (Maybe this
is more of what I can find out in the dumpster at 7-11.) Do you think
that used teabags would work the same?
I think some nice used tea bags, or anything inedible that tastes like dirt
would do. Maybe you could be unique and not even remove the bag, just cover
the roast with tea bags! The paper will probably dissolve in the meat juices
anyway. I'm actually looking at my discarded vacuum cleaner bags in a whole
new way now.....
Ok, I'm starting to get this now. So, you know, everybody loves plastic
packing bubbles. How much fun would it be to cook a soup in plastic
packing bubbles, kind of like what you do with shepards bread, but
instead of eating the bowl, you get to pop the bubbles after you eat it.
And maybe instead of dumplings, you could use styrofoam packing
popcorn. It could be like a whole moving or housewarming theme menu.

So, is there someway to copyright recipes. Because this one is totally
mine. (Copyright - 21 August 2005, 18:08 BST, blah blah blah.) Not
that I care so much about the money, I just want to know how many people
use it. This one is going to be huge.
Rick Carlton
2005-08-21 19:30:24 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Ok, I'm starting to get this now. So, you know, everybody loves plastic
packing bubbles. How much fun would it be to cook a soup in plastic
packing bubbles, kind of like what you do with shepards bread, but
instead of eating the bowl, you get to pop the bubbles after you eat it.
And maybe instead of dumplings, you could use styrofoam packing
popcorn. It could be like a whole moving or housewarming theme menu.
I'll raise your styrofoam peanuts with the potato-starch ones.

Now, it truly is edible(ish). <g>
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 15:28:32 UTC
I wonder if you can make potato soup out of them?
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 15:45:16 UTC
Umm....why? Are real potatoes not in the budget?
Sylvesterthekat
Seems like something your buddy Sandy would do.
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 18:25:44 UTC
You're exactly right - I was thinking logically - silly me....... ;)
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 15:44:47 UTC
Post by Rick Carlton
I'll raise your styrofoam peanuts with the potato-starch ones.
Now, it truly is edible(ish). <g>
Good god, don't give her any ideas......."what a delightful, crunchy topping for our
shepherds pie, and it's free!!"
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 15:43:49 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Ok, I'm starting to get this now. So, you know, everybody loves plastic
packing bubbles. How much fun would it be to cook a soup in plastic
packing bubbles, kind of like what you do with shepards bread, but
instead of eating the bowl, you get to pop the bubbles after you eat it.
And maybe instead of dumplings, you could use styrofoam packing
popcorn. It could be like a whole moving or housewarming theme menu.
So, is there someway to copyright recipes. Because this one is totally
mine. (Copyright - 21 August 2005, 18:08 BST, blah blah blah.) Not
that I care so much about the money, I just want to know how many people
use it. This one is going to be huge.
You're only saying that because you just moved and you have a lot of junk left over
that you want to foist on an unsuspecting public.....that's pretty heinous. Then
again, I hear models eat styrofoam peanuts so they won't gain weight, so I guess if
there are a lot of models in London, you might make a killing, so to speak...
Mr K. Mean
2005-08-22 18:39:41 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
You're only saying that because you just moved and you have a lot of junk left over
that you want to foist on an unsuspecting public.....that's pretty heinous. Then
again, I hear models eat styrofoam peanuts so they won't gain weight, so I guess if
there are a lot of models in London, you might make a killing, so to speak...
Ick, I detest styrofoam. The stuff is totally creepy and there was
certainly none involved in any move I would do. I'll go thirsty if it
is a choice between that and drinking out of a stryofoam cup. How can
people touch that stuff?
Spamvireslayer
Cuz it makes fun squeaky noises????
Mr K. Mean
Aack, bad touch, bad touch.
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 19:18:09 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Ick, I detest styrofoam. The stuff is totally creepy and there was
certainly none involved in any move I would do. I'll go thirsty if it
is a choice between that and drinking out of a stryofoam cup. How can
people touch that stuff?
You mean you don't like chewing it? heheheheh

It is pretty nasty stuff to put in the mouth, I have to agree.
Mr K. Mean
2005-08-22 19:22:18 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Post by Mr K. Mean
Ick, I detest styrofoam. The stuff is totally creepy and there was
certainly none involved in any move I would do. I'll go thirsty if it
is a choice between that and drinking out of a stryofoam cup. How can
people touch that stuff?
You mean you don't like chewing it? heheheheh
It is pretty nasty stuff to put in the mouth, I have to agree.
Chewing it? Now that's just crazy talk. I can't stand to be the same
room as the stuff.
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 19:48:58 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Post by Sylvesterthekat
You mean you don't like chewing it? heheheheh
It is pretty nasty stuff to put in the mouth, I have to agree.
Chewing it? Now that's just crazy talk. I can't stand to be the same
room as the stuff.
hehehehe @ crazy talk. I like the packing peanuts but i don't like any sort
of polystyrene in my mouth. kinda like tin foil, it sort of sets your teeth
on edge
indigo
2005-08-22 21:38:37 UTC
Are you insane or do you actually enjoy picking up the damn buggers from
over half the room when you unpack your latest online purchase? Gimme bubble
wrap, please.....
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 21:48:29 UTC
Post by indigo
Are you insane or do you actually enjoy picking up the damn buggers from
over half the room when you unpack your latest online purchase? Gimme bubble
wrap, please.....
As to my sanity.. .it's an open question. I don't particularly enjoy picking
them up when they've gone everywhere but they're kind of fun when they're
coralled inside a box and they're very useful for filling spaces in a box.
Bubble wrap is wonderful stuff... except when you're NOT the one popping it!
indigo
2005-08-22 22:14:00 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
As to my sanity.. .it's an open question. I don't particularly enjoy
picking them up when they've gone everywhere but they're kind of fun
when they're coralled inside a box and they're very useful for
filling spaces in a box.
Oh, I left out the part how they refuse to detach themselves from the
plastic wrap around the item in the package......PITA pieces of crap....
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 23:28:28 UTC
Post by indigo
Oh, I left out the part how they refuse to detach themselves from the
plastic wrap around the item in the package......PITA pieces of crap....
they often don't willingly detach themselves from your arms and hands either
heheheh
indigo
2005-08-22 21:36:33 UTC
Post by Mr K. Mean
Ick, I detest styrofoam. The stuff is totally creepy and there was
certainly none involved in any move I would do. I'll go thirsty if it
is a choice between that and drinking out of a stryofoam cup. How can
people touch that stuff?
Gotta have your drink water in a styrofoam cup during hot and humid golf
weather. Plastic cups get condensation on them and get your glove and hands
soaking wet (no, I did NOT intend to throw my driver into that lake!).
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 21:46:39 UTC
hehehe... did that happen this past weekend?
indigo
No, but it has happened to me once. Honest. But it was a 7-iron ;-)
indigo
2005-08-22 21:34:02 UTC
Post by Heidi
I think some nice used tea bags, or anything inedible that tastes
like dirt would do. Maybe you could be unique and not even remove the
bag, just cover the roast with tea bags!
You guys and your teabags....does EVERY thread have to turn into a sex
thread?
JohnL
2005-08-22 21:38:35 UTC
Post by indigo
You guys and your teabags....does EVERY thread have to turn into a sex
thread?
Indi, you're looking at it wrong.

They are talking about TEAbags, not TEATbags. :P
indigo
2005-08-22 22:12:20 UTC
Post by JohnL
Post by indigo
You guys and your teabags....does EVERY thread have to turn into a
sex thread?
Indi, you're looking at it wrong.
They are talking about TEAbags, not TEATbags. :P
Nuh-uh, you're not looking at it right (or you've never heard the term
perhaps ;-)
JohnL
2005-08-22 22:17:13 UTC
Maybe not, but I still say you're thinking teatbags. LOL
Mr K. Mean
2005-08-22 22:23:46 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging

I guess you need to see some more John Waters' films then.
JohnL
2005-08-22 22:53:13 UTC
Oh, YUCK!!!
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 23:37:03 UTC
hehehehehe
JohnL
2005-08-22 23:48:59 UTC
I'm STILL scrubbing my brain after that one!! :P
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 23:53:49 UTC
Post by JohnL
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Post by JohnL
Post by Mr K. Mean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging
Oh, YUCK!!!
hehehehehe
I'm STILL scrubbing my brain after that one!! :P
It could be worse... it could be 'helicoptering' LOL, never heard of that
one until I read it in that definition
JohnL
2005-08-23 00:07:10 UTC
No thanks, you can keep all of that!
Neil
2005-08-23 01:00:59 UTC
Post by JohnL
Post by Sylvesterthekat
It could be worse... it could be 'helicoptering' LOL, never heard of that
one until I read it in that definition
No thanks, you can keep all of that!
I think we're agreed then that we won't raise this subject again? Can we
resume the boob threads now?
Sylvesterthekat
ha! happy enough to talk about boobies but not baggies huh?
indigo
2005-08-23 12:57:42 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
It could be worse... it could be 'helicoptering' LOL, never heard of
that one until I read it in that definition
Hmmm....that's a new one on me. Can you give a semi R-rated description? I
don't want to be caught by my net nanny.
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 19:53:26 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Sylvesterthekat
It could be worse... it could be 'helicoptering' LOL, never heard of
that one until I read it in that definition
Hmmm....that's a new one on me. Can you give a semi R-rated description? I
don't want to be caught by my net nanny.
LOL.. er... well you could just go to that wikipedia definition on
teabagging but I'll describe the basics. It's kinda like teabagging but
using a stiffy instead heheheheh (thwack thwack thwack)
indigo
2005-08-23 20:22:25 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
LOL.. er... well you could just go to that wikipedia definition on
teabagging but I'll describe the basics. It's kinda like teabagging
but using a stiffy instead heheheheh (thwack thwack thwack)
HAH! That actually made me chuckle out loud (the visual along with your
aural description ;-)
indigo
2005-08-23 12:56:46 UTC
Only when you're on the RECEIVING end, John ;-)
JohnL
2005-08-23 13:56:36 UTC
No, on either end AFAIC!
Heidi
2005-08-23 01:45:43 UTC
Someone call my name? I hear that's what I'm famous for......LOL
Sylvesterthekat
ROFL... she said tea bags, not tea bagging!
indigo
I think you need to explain the diff to ol' Johnny boy ;-)
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 23:30:28 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Sylvesterthekat
ROFL... she said tea bags, not tea bagging!
I think you need to explain the diff to ol' Johnny boy ;-)
ah, he can go look it up on google hehehehe... bound to come across some
interesting sites by doing that
Heidi
AND WITH A ROAST, NO LESS!!! I"m teabagging the meat! EWWW!!!
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 19:41:58 UTC
Post by Heidi
Post by Sylvesterthekat
ROFL... she said tea bags, not tea bagging!
AND WITH A ROAST, NO LESS!!! I"m teabagging the meat! EWWW!!!
no doubt there are some total weirdos out there who do things with joints of
meat!
JohnL
2005-08-23 19:51:30 UTC
Heh Heh, she said "joints of meat"! Heh Heh
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 20:09:07 UTC
Post by JohnL
Post by Sylvesterthekat
no doubt there are some total weirdos out there who do things with
joints of meat!
Heh Heh, she said "joints of meat"! Heh Heh
*snicker*

you're just a dirty old man that's your problem
JohnL
2005-08-23 20:26:37 UTC
Yep, and PROUD of it!!!
indigo
2005-08-23 20:21:16 UTC
Oh, you mean like an orgy?
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 14:50:38 UTC
Post by Heidi
yep, she takes a nice beef tenderloin, and rolls it in ....COFFEE GROUNDS.
Not instant coffee powder that might melt when cooked to combine with the
other flavors, no no no, she rolls in in grounds. Those little dirt-like
bits at the bottom of your cup that you hate to swallow.
Good grief, I can't imagine that tasting good. Like at ALL!
Why is she putting mashed potatoes in the oven anyway?
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 15:47:07 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Good grief, I can't imagine that tasting good. Like at ALL!
Tasting OR feeling good, I can't stand that little bit of grit on salad greens or
vegetables that weren't washed properly. Can you imagine trying to eat a whole piece
of meat coated in it?
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Why is she putting mashed potatoes in the oven anyway?
She was keeping them warm. WTF is wrong with foil, perhaps it conducts too many
radio waves and confuses her?
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 16:20:28 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Tasting OR feeling good, I can't stand that little bit of grit on salad greens or
vegetables that weren't washed properly. Can you imagine trying to eat a whole piece
of meat coated in it?
It depends on what you're eating. Sometimes crunchy is good but I can't
imagine it would be good in this case.
Post by Spamvireslayer
She was keeping them warm. WTF is wrong with foil, perhaps it conducts too many
radio waves and confuses her?
Silly tart should just cook the spuds last so they don't have to be kept
warm at all. I'd be inclined to warm them up in the microwave rather than
leave them drying out in an oven.
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 18:31:34 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
It depends on what you're eating. Sometimes crunchy is good but I can't
imagine it would be good in this case.
There's crunchy, like the crust on mac and cheese, and there's crunchy like eating
dirt that doesn't break down when you chew it....ick.
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Silly tart should just cook the spuds last so they don't have to be kept
warm at all. I'd be inclined to warm them up in the microwave rather than
leave them drying out in an oven.
I don't have any idea why she does half the shit she does, it makes no sense. Why on
earth make the potatoes first? I think she's had a few too many 'tini's....
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 19:17:06 UTC
***@dirt. Who wants to be having to spit nasty bits out while eating
anyway?!
indigo
2005-08-22 21:40:07 UTC
Sylvesterthekat wrote:
Who wants to be having to spit nasty bits out while eating
Post by Sylvesterthekat
anyway?!
Uh, non-swallowers would be my guess ;-)
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 21:49:13 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
anyway?!
Uh, non-swallowers would be my guess ;-)
sheesh! now who's got sex on the brain?

[you have bits in yours?!]
indigo
2005-08-22 22:15:51 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
sheesh! now who's got sex on the brain?
Uhm, did I mention how great my weekend .....oh, nevermind......
Post by Sylvesterthekat
[you have bits in yours?!]
Yeah, but they're really, really tiny......
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-22 23:29:43 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Sylvesterthekat
sheesh! now who's got sex on the brain?
Uhm, did I mention how great my weekend .....oh, nevermind......
oh yeah? but wait... I thought it was a 'boys weekend' eh? hmm.. ok
nevermind LOL
do they crunch?
Heidi
2005-08-23 01:45:01 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
do they crunch?
Only if you listen verrrry verrrry carefully.... :)
indigo
2005-08-23 12:59:32 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
oh yeah? but wait... I thought it was a 'boys weekend' eh? hmm.. ok
nevermind LOL
Psssttt....there were WOMEN at the bars! Can you believe our luck? ;-)
Dunno, but I've heard they're sposed to be pretty good swimmers......
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 19:54:01 UTC
Ahh I seeeee..... so did you get extra lucky then?
indigo
2005-08-23 20:23:07 UTC
What's "extra" lucky? Two women at once?
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 20:30:18 UTC
Post by indigo
Post by Sylvesterthekat
Post by indigo
Psssttt....there were WOMEN at the bars! Can you believe our luck? ;-)
Ahh I seeeee..... so did you get extra lucky then?
What's "extra" lucky? Two women at once?
LOL. Lucky is that there were women at the bar. Extra lucky is that you went
to bed with one of them!
indigo
2005-08-23 20:44:39 UTC
*raises eyes heavenwards*
Whazzup there?
is she a keeper or a one-off though?
Erm, a 3 hour drive with 2 at-home kids? Take a guess......we just had some
nice clean fun, exactly what I needed after all this health problem shit!
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 23:10:12 UTC
Post by indigo
*raises eyes heavenwards*
Whazzup there?
eyebrows
Nuthin' wrong with good clean fun!
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-23 20:41:04 UTC
Post by Sylvesterthekat
LOL. Lucky is that there were women at the bar. Extra lucky is that
you went to bed with one of them!
Oh, I see. To us guys to "get lucky" doesn't mean you simply met
someone......
*raises eyes heavenwards*

nuff said!

is she a keeper or a one-off though?
indigo
2005-08-23 20:35:58 UTC
someone......
Heidi
2005-08-23 01:44:25 UTC
Words heard in Indi's boudoir when last he got lucky..... ;>
indigo
2005-08-23 13:00:29 UTC
I prefer nice perky modest boobs, not tiny ones....
Kenneth Brody
2005-08-22 20:42:37 UTC
Post by Heidi
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_30742,00.html
yep, she takes a nice beef tenderloin, and rolls it in ....COFFEE GROUNDS.
Not instant coffee powder that might melt when cooked to combine with the
other flavors, no no no, she rolls in in grounds. Those little dirt-like
bits at the bottom of your cup that you hate to swallow.
Actually, the recipe calls for "coffee beans, finely ground", not "coffee
grounds". (In addition to brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, ground sage,
onion powder, and cayenne.)

[...]
Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:***@gmail.com>
Spamvireslayer
2005-08-22 20:51:43 UTC
Post by Kenneth Brody
Actually, the recipe calls for "coffee beans, finely ground", not "coffee
grounds". (In addition to brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, ground sage,
onion powder, and cayenne.)
Uh, that's different how? I don't know how you make your coffee, I grind the beans,
fine, and I STILL wouldn't slap them on a tenderloin....yuck.
Kenneth Brody
2005-08-23 15:21:25 UTC
Post by Spamvireslayer
Post by Kenneth Brody
Actually, the recipe calls for "coffee beans, finely ground", not "coffee
grounds". (In addition to brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, ground sage,
onion powder, and cayenne.)
Uh, that's different how? I don't know how you make your coffee, I grind
the beans, fine, and I STILL wouldn't slap them on a tenderloin....yuck.
Well, I'm not saying it's a great recipe or anything, but there is a world
of difference between "ground coffee" and "coffee grounds". The former
might make a decent flavor along with those other seasonings listed in the
recipe. (Some people love large chunks of cracked peppercorns on their
steaks.) I doubt the latter would be of much use in meant-for-human food.
Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:***@gmail.com>
indigo
2005-08-23 16:47:48 UTC
Kenneth Brody wrote:
(Some people love large chunks of
cracked peppercorns on their steaks.)
<Indi raises his hand> Great with cream cheese and lox on a bagel too. Or am
I thinking of some other round spice.....
Kenneth Brody
2005-08-25 16:02:29 UTC
Post by Kenneth Brody
(Some people love large chunks of
cracked peppercorns on their steaks.)
<Indi raises his hand> Great with cream cheese and lox on a bagel too. Or am
I thinking of some other round spice.....
You probably sprinkle a small amount of cracked peppercorns on your bagel
with cream cheese and lox. I'm talking about "au poivre", as in "steak
au poivre", in which the steak is completely coated in a shell of cracked
peppercorns.
Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:***@gmail.com>
Sylvesterthekat
2005-08-25 17:09:56 UTC
Post by Kenneth Brody
You probably sprinkle a small amount of cracked peppercorns on your bagel
with cream cheese and lox. I'm talking about "au poivre", as in "steak
au poivre", in which the steak is completely coated in a shell of cracked
peppercorns.
There is a soft cheese that has cracked pepper corns all over it. Could be
Boursin but I can't find a picture of the cheese I remember, it was black on
the outside with the pepper and white inside. Yum!
indigo
2005-08-29 14:28:14 UTC
Post by Kenneth Brody
You probably sprinkle a small amount of cracked peppercorns on your
bagel with cream cheese and lox.
Yes, about 8-10.

Post by Kenneth Brody
in "steak au poivre", in which the steak is completely coated in a
shell of cracked peppercorns.
Don't like them THAT much......
Post by Kenneth Brody
| Kenneth J. Brody | www.hvcomputer.com |